Job Title: Assembler
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
The Assembler will follow all processes and written assembly instructions, drawings, schematics, and document and report any discrepancies between actual and documented processes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Meets all quality standards in performing assigned tasks
· Follow all processes and written assembly instructions, drawings, schematics and document and report any discrepancies between actual and documented process
· Complete all production forms accurately
· Contributes to production goals of assigned department
· Good understanding of Job Functions and requirements to succeed
· Capable of applying knowledge in all assembly areas and product prep for shipments
· Must follow all OSHA standards as well as all written and verbal company safety instructions that have been outlined in the safety manual and training
· Must pull cylinder head components required for application per B.O.M
· Use calipers, mics and thread gauges
· Must use valve spring height gauges
· Fast paced environment, must keep up with production flow
· Vacuum test each port for valve to seat seal conformance
· Must have excellent vision to look for conformance and no missing operations
· Must be physically present to operate machinery with regular and dependable attendance
· Basic math
· Must be able to read and write in English
· Ability to work independently and in a group
· Time management
· Attention to detail
· Must be able to read hand checking tools
· Must be familiar with work instructions
· Must be able to use spring and lock assembly machines
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates on a Shop floor with exposure to fumes, airborne particles, noise, vibration and moving mechanical parts. Note, personal protective equipment (PPE) is required when entering the plant to include ear plugs, safety glasses, and steel toe boots. Disposable masks are optional, however, due to COVID-19, face coverings are required.
Some heavy lifting – up to 60 pounds. Frequent use of hands and fingers, handle and/or feel, reaching with hands and arms. Prolonged standing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Occasionally requires the employee to talk and/or hear.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· One (1) year of shop floor experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Manufacturing/shop floor experience a plus.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Edelbrock Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.