A maintenance technician is responsible for the upkeep of a facility and business office. They are skilled in a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs.
Our Ideal candidate will be a jack of all trades and have knowledge of carpentry, painting, plumbing, electric, and HVAC is a plus.
- Conduct periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Perform general maintenance tasks including landscaping, painting, and carpentry.
- Assigned daily mechanical duties relating to needs in the warehouse or office.
- Operate equipment and use day to day hand tools.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position requires an individual with the following skills/attributes
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well- organized and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
This position works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Items in excess of 50 pounds will need to lift with team techniques or use of proper equipment.