The Machine Operator is responsible for operating a wide variety of machines in a manufacturing environment. Duties include but not limited to, using hand tools, measurements, machine operations, safety upkeep and cleaning practices.
- Ability to operate machines such as (Makino 8, 10, 13, Mori, Stand Alone, Haas)
- Inspect products for surface defects and flaws.
- Ability to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ability to identify and eliminate production of defective parts and products.
- Load and unload parts from machines
- Knowledge of Deburr and Grinding preferred
- Check coolant levels and concentration.
- Complete all production forms accurately.
- Contributes to production goals of assigned department.
- S.P.C knowledge when required.
- Perform preventative maintenance when needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position requires an individual with the following skills/attributes.
- Must be able to use all required tools, machinery.
- Knowledge of Product
- Must be able to perform fast paced repetitive tasks.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Able to read Blueprint Drawings.
- Understand Production Traveler Procedure
- Must understand ISO Quality Policy
- Must understand and use the four basic arithmetic functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanically Inclined
- Must be able to read and follow Work Instructions and finish inspection.
- Some Knowledge of Cutting Tools
- Familiar with C.N.C work instructions and Operator controls.
This position works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and specialty machining equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Items in excess of 50 pounds will need to lift with team techniques or use of proper equipment.