Job Title: Pattern Maker
Department: Manufacture Engineering
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Reporting to: Plant Manager
The Pattern Maker (Cope & Drag) / CNC Machine Operator position is responsible for fabrication, repair, and perform maintenance on all tooling used in an aluminum foundry operation. This position requires experience with measurement and wood working tools. The primary role of a CNC Machinist is to create machine parts and tools using precision computer equipment. CNC (computer numerical control) Machinists set up, adjust and maintain all equipment used in their daily job activities. They are also responsible for creating programming instructions for the parts they are manufacturing. Once the parts or tools have been produced, CNC Machinists inspect the finished products to ensure they meet all specifications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Safely set up and operate wood working machines to include table saw, sanders and planers.
· Safely and correctly operate manual machines, to include lathe, grinders and milling machines.
· Safely operate power tools to include but not limited to saws, drills and pneumatic nailers.
· Read and understand blueprints, CAD drawings and technical documents.
· Accurately use measurement tools such as calipers and micrometers.
· Follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy.
· Create pattern tooling for an aluminum foundry that manufactures commercial castings for automotive and other industries.
· Responsible for layout, fabrication, machining and assembly of various materials to make foundry patterns and core boxes.
· Produce all aspects of new tooling and any revisions using CAD files or blueprints.
· All gating and process methods will be guided by engineering and using your input.
· There will be bench work needed for support.
· Alterations to tooling will be necessary using the best practical methods.
· Perform any and all other job-related tasks as assigned.
· Must be physically present with regular and dependable attendance.
· Repair and maintenance of patterns, Core Boxes and flasks.
· Construction of new equipment for patterns, Core Boxes & flasks.
· Develops patterns & core boxes in varying degrees of complexity in accordance with established principles of patternmaking & molding practices, allowing for shrinkage, finish, cooling stresses, location of core points, taking all dimensions from drawing of finished part.
· Jigs and fixtures associated with making molds, cores & flasks.
· Perform repairs or alterations on molding flasks & related equipment.
· Interpret, analyze prints & sketches, visualizing use of completed pattern & method of construction. Plan working procedure to determine the most effective manner of utilizing materials & equipment.
· Use trade mathematics, handbooks & shop formulae, calculate dimensions, angles, radii and tapers necessary to make shapes.
· Makes sketches from old patterns, core boxes & castings when prints are not available.
· Sets up & operates any type of machinery & uses a variety of hand tools to cut & form material to any intricate shape.
· Repairs broken or defective patterns & alters patterns to conform with changes in design.
· Operates woodworking and metalworking machines.
· Perform related duties as requested by Supervision.
· Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions with accuracy.
· CNC machinists: set up switches, tool registers, offset and program computerized equipment to adjust for particular job specifications.
· Maintain precision equipment.
· Inspect and test finished products.
· Create programming documentation.
· Ethical Conduct.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Mechanical skills
· Eye-hand coordination
· Detail oriented
· Communication Proficiency.
· Results Driven.
Possible supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to Foundry atmospheric conditions such as fumes or airborne particles, noise, extreme weather, vibration, and moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and work areas can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 4:00pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 5+ years of experience in a Pattern Maker or Mold Maker position.
· Previous experience with Unigraphics or Solidworks CAD modeling software.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
· Sand Foundry experience.
· Experience working with CNC Machines (operator and programmer).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 10-15 years of Pattern Maker / CNC Machining experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
None required for this position.
Edelbrock Group is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.