Job Title: Performance Engine Technical Specialist
Department: Engine Technical Support Office
Location: Remote – Western Time Zones
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
Live Out Your Passion – Start Your Career Today With an Automotive Industry Leader
The Edelbrock Group’s performance engine sales and technical support department has immediate openings for full time Product Support & Sales Technicians. This position has very well-defined advancement opportunities and is ideal for a career minded candidate that wants to build a rewarding career in the performance automotive industry.
The primary job duties are to help fellow enthusiasts by providing exceptional technical support, customer service and product sales via phone, email and digital channels. Outgoing personality, professional work ethic, strong communication skills and customer-service focus are a “must”. Candidates will need to be able to work in a fast paced call center-type environment; possible, limited travel required to enthusiast events.
• Pleasant, friendly, professional business work ethic, good work and communication skills, both verbal and written, including basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Requires basic mechanical, automotive related experience, aptitude and/or skills.
• Advanced understanding of camshaft technical specifications, creating performance engine combinations to suit the customer’s needs, and an understanding of basic math.
• Full-time position with hours that will vary between: 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific or Mountain Time Zone – Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday required.
• Minimum of a high school diploma and a good driving record required; college degree, motorsports experience or automotive mechanical knowledge a plus.
• Ability to provide product information, recommendations and troubleshoot problems with customers, as well as make the sale when appropriate.
• Able to speak clearly and concisely to both individuals and large groups, handle customer requirements including problem solving in a professional business manner.
• In-depth product training will be provided on Valve Train, Drivetrain, Fuel Injection & Electronics, Nitrous Oxide Systems, Cylinder Heads and all other Edelbrock Group product lines. Prior knowledge is not required – only a strong interest & desire to learn.
Very competitive compensation package that includes performance incentives. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance, retirement plan and paid vacations/holidays. Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.