The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for all functions related to the receiving process for inventory and non-inventory product deliveries. This includes managing the personnel and resources of the department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the execution of the department’s responsibilities including productivity and inventory accuracy.
- Supervise and direct the activities of the departmental personnel (approx. 7 personnel)
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with appropriate internal personnel to resolve damages and shortages.
- Follows approved SOP for defective parts up to and including returns for replacement or credit.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of receiving materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position requires an individual with the following skills/attributes
- High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent experience
- Three to five years Receiving experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Pass background and drug screen
- Understanding of basic math
- Good communication skills (oral, writing and reading)
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
This position works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Items in excess of 50 pounds will need to be lifted with team techniques or use of proper equipment.