The Returns Clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming returns authorization by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operates PB crimp tools, including diagnosis, repair and processing.
- Operates the stretch wrap banders.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming returns, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of return materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position requires an individual with the following skills/attributes
- High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent experience
- Pass background and drug screen
- Understanding of basic math
- Good communication skills (oral, writing and reading)
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
This position works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Items in excess of 50 pounds will need to lift with team techniques or use of proper equipment.